commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: commons-logging unsuited for cross-context webapplication invocation usage - migrating to slf4j?
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:35:10 GMT
allow me to chim in,

does it make sense to expect *predictable results* ?
What you should always configure is the default logging, and that's
done, traditionally, by making the normal threshold either info or
error in the programme, maybe that could be enhanced ("preferred-
level" ?).

Full predictability does not make sense though.
I almost never configure my logging, only when I start to explore,
dig, and debug.

paul