commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <GGreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [vfs] next release?
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2009 21:09:42 GMT

The problem is in 1.0 and SVN.

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-251.

"Problem" is as much as the docs state the file:// URL should be absolute and I *want* to
use a relative URL. The ticket includes unit test to demonstrate the issue.

Basically, with this URL:
    private static final String TEST_URL = "file:vfs-test/hello.txt";

In the JRE, this works:

new URL(TEST_URL).openStream().close();

But this does not in VFS:

VFS.getManager().resolveFile(TEST_URL);

So I cannot just drop in VFS to our code. I added a hack layer to transform all file:// URLs
into absolute URLs. Not so nice.

Thank you,
Gary