commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Configuration] experimental branch uses java.util.logging?
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:19:12 GMT
> My experience with AOP logging solutions is limited but from what I've seen
> it is possible to use AOP mechanisms to enable logging but I haven't seen
> any that allow you to enable and then disable logging as desired while the
> application is running.

Well, that depends what is injected by the AOP weaver.

I am not aware of any good runtime weaving (the usual java class
reloading problem) but when we looked used this approach (years ago!
not sure whether there is now - I doubt it) we found there is a middle
ground you can cover quite well.

Maybe not the "Nirvana" you were referring to - but still quite good.

Anyway - enough ranting :)