commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration] experimental branch uses java.util.logging?
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:08:51 GMT

On Apr 15, 2009, at 4:28 AM, Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> Yes. AOP that actually works is the nirvana that folks who love to
>> talk
>> about logging dream about.
>
> Hm ...not sure what you are implying here ...but it felt quite real to
> me when we used it :)
>
> Anyway!

My experience with AOP logging solutions is limited but from what I've
seen it is possible to use AOP mechanisms to enable logging but I
haven't seen any that allow you to enable and then disable logging as
desired while the application is running. Once you can do that then
you don't need log levels, log types, filtering, etc. because it can
be injected dynamically.  That is my nirvana. If you know of such a
solution please let me know how to get my hands on it!

Ralph