commons-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Sanselan as a Commons library
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:54:44 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:

> Yes I think saying 3 committers is a bit mis-leading - since Sanselan
> entered the incubator Carsten has made the 2nd most commits but that
> is only 16 commits and he hasn't committed for over a year. Also the
> last commit on the project was over 3 months ago:
>
> http://markmail.org/search/list:org.apache.incubator.sanselan-commits
>
> So reality is this is currently a one-committer show and looks to be
> heading to dormancy.

Yes and no :) As I said, we three are committed to the project and we
now the codebase; obviously Charles knows it best. So, whenever
something needs to be done, I would say that one of us will be able to
do it.

Sanselan has the "problem" of being too good for what it does, so there
is rarely a need for doing something. That's one of the main reasons why
there haven't been any commits. Look at commons-lang or one of the other
libs, I think they are in a similar state - if you neglect the move to
Java5, what really needs to be done there?
The other problem is that Charles is really quick in responding and
doing stuff :) So before the others get a chance to do something, it's
already done by Charles usually. We already discussd this and Charles
slowed down :)

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler