commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commons-logging unsuited for cross-context webapplication invocation usage - migrating to slf4j?
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:22:58 GMT
Yes, it most certainly can. It seems to be a common misconception what
the logging implementation cannot be predictably configured. Just put a
commons-logging.properties file in your class path with the following
line in it:

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

That will choose log4j for you.

--
Dennis Lundberg