commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Runner] Any plans to add VMS to the list of supported OSes?
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 12:05:11 GMT
sebb wrote:
> Any plans to add OpenVMS to the list?

Since there is no Runner project, I suppose you meant [Runtime] :)

Short answer - No.

Let's try not to introduce the esoteric OS's
APR-2 broke the support for many OS's like Netware, OS/2,
historic Solaris releases, etc...

In general OS can be considered to be added if
a) Supports Java 6 (and will in future Java 7)
b) Supported by APR-2
c) Doesn't require more then $1.000.000 to purchase :)
d) Has active developers

I'd love to add IBM/AIX (I have access to the box
so its on TODO) and FreeBSD (it's almost Mac OS X so
it shouldn't be a problem)

Linux, Windows, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and BSD
cover almost all relevant platforms.
Anything else would be just an intellectual exercise.

Regards
--
^(TM)