commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <>
Subject Re: [math] releasing 2.0 ?
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2009 13:03:45 GMT
sebb wrote:
> The code already uses some 1.5 features, e.g. enum and autoboxing. It
> also already uses parameterized types, just not everywhere. I think
> it's too late for compile-time compatibility with 1.4.
That is not what I meant.  I meant that I want the upgrade to involve
the least possible pain for users.  That means,  as much as possible,
code using 1.x continues to work.
> Regarding raw types, the types are erased at run-time anyway. I think
> the only affect on user code would be to generate some compile-time
> warnings. I don't think it will stop code working. Anyway, the code
> already uses non-raw types, it's just that some raw types have yet to
> be converted.
Here again,  what I want is to minimize user code breakage.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message