commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] releasing 2.0 ?
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 15:53:31 GMT
Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A lot of work has been done on [math] last months.
> There are 9 issues still open in Jira with a target set to 2.0. Some of
> them have already been almost processed, some could be finished soon,
> some could be postponed to 2.1.
>
> What do you think about preparing to release 2.0 in the next few weeks ?
> I volunteer to do the realese work. For those of you who have taken the
> burden of the remaining issues, do you intend to complete your work on
> them or do you prefer I assign them to me and close what I can do ?

I am +1 on pushing out 2.0.   Here are some comments on the issues
assigned to me.  My geologic-time progress is unfortunately not likely
to improve over the next couple of weeks, so I am more than happy to let
others jump in.

MATH-207 - I am close to committing David's great patch with only minor
modifications and that should make us pretty much complete from code
perspective for the initial genetics release, modulo comments on the API
that may still come in.  What will remain on this is user guide update.
Patches welcome!
MATH-114 - User guide update is all that remains.  I should be able to
do that.
MATH-136 - I would like to get this in, but there is some work
involved.  +0 to moving to 2.1
MATH-169 - pushed to 2.1

I will look at MATH-197 if Brent does not catch this.

MATH-194 is a can of worms that we should collectively open and clean up.

I suppose I should open an issue to track it, but the general problem of
the multiple regression API being incomplete and the GLS class being
numerically suspect makes me think we may want to hold at least the GLS
class from the release.  I will see what I can do.  I am leaning toward
flattening the hierarchy, adding some basic stuff to the OLS class and
releasing just that class.  I will start a separate thread on this issue
when I have a plan.

Thanks for volunteering for the RM duty!

Phil