commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [compress] Bugs fixed - review and release?
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:23:53 GMT
On 27/04/2009, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  we have fixed all bugs we mentioned for 1.0 release. The API looks
>  quite good  for my eyes (even when Sebastian finds some stuff here and
>  there :-)) and I would like to think about a release again. Is there
>  anything speaking against this step? Anything we really need to do
>  before discussing about a release?

I think the API is now much better.

The only minor issue I have is with finish() and close().
I think it is going to be annoying for users to have to call finish()
separately from close().

I would prefer to see finish() being optional, i.e. close() should
call it if necessary.

But the code should check to make sure that finish() is not called
twice, and maybe should check that only close() - and write() - is
allowed after calling finish().