commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] DenseFieldMatrixTest is burning up my Mac...
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:17:33 GMT
On 27/04/2009, luc.maisonobe@free.fr <luc.maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:

>  ----- "Phil Steitz" <phil.steitz@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

>  > 156 seconds on a 2.53 GHz Duo....
>

> Wow. It runs in 4.433s on my 3 years old work notebook (pentium M 1,86GHz, 1.5G RAM).
>  I have reduced the size of two tests that seemed the more time consuming for me. Does
this help ?

I tried one test just after Phil posted, and it appeared to stall
entirely, with no CPU being used; eventually I used ^C and it
completed normally. Dunno what happened there - it was a bit as if I'd
used scroll lock; the last output on the screen was the
DenseFieldMatrixTest, but the surefire timings don't show this.

A second test completed in just over a minute for all tests.