commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release process
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:31:24 GMT
n 22/04/2009, Dan Fabulich <dan@fabulich.com> wrote:

>  I'm following the documentation here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases
>
>  At step E.1 it says I'm supposed to "Copy distributions to the Commons
> dist/ area".
>
>  Copy what where exactly?  There's a bunch of files here in:
> /www/people.apache.org/builds/commons/dbutils/1.2/RC3/staged/commons-dbutils/commons-dbutils/1.2
>
>  But that directory doesn't really look like the destination directory:
>  /www/www.apache.org/dist/commons/dbutils/binaries/
>
>  Am I supposed to manually copy -bin and -src archives to the correct
> location in dbutils/binaries and dbutils/source?

That's what I do for JMeter, but that does not use Maven, and Commons may vary.

> And clobber the -current
> files with the latest version?  (eek?)

I'd prefer not to have the current links; they can easily get out of
date, and the downloaded files have no version indication. They don't
make sense in archive directories.

I don't think the (IMO minor) advantage of having a fixed location for
downloads outweighs the disadvantages.