commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] releasing 2.0 ?
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 18:28:25 GMT
> Luc Maisonobe wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > A lot of work has been done on [math] last months.
> > There are 9 issues still open in Jira with a target set to 2.0. Some of
> > them have already been almost processed, some could be finished soon,
> > some could be postponed to 2.1.
> >
> > What do you think about preparing to release 2.0 in the next few weeks ?
> > I volunteer to do the realese work. For those of you who have taken the
> > burden of the remaining issues, do you intend to complete your work on
> > them or do you prefer I assign them to me and close what I can do ?
> >

>  I am +1 on pushing out 2.0.   Here are some comments on the issues assigned
> to me.  My geologic-time progress is unfortunately not likely to improve
> over the next couple of weeks, so I am more than happy to let others jump
> in.

Math is now dependent on Java 1.5 (according to the pom), but there
seem to be quite a few missing @Override annotations. There are also
some raw types. Of course these are not essential, but they would
help.

Also, what about thread-safety? There are a few Synchronized classes,
which are presumably intended to be thread-safe. I'm not sure it's
particularly necessary to have thread-safe Math classes, so long as
the classes are not thread-hostile (there's at least one such; I'll
file a JIRA shortly), but it would be useful to document which classes
are which.