commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] Open Issues Discussion
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 05:19:42 GMT
On 2009-03-19, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:

> * SANDBOX-293 Make ZiparchiveInputStream support as much of the zip
> package as possible
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-293
> Looks like big work here. Even if it looks necessary, I would enjoy if
> we do that in 1.1. It feels like a new feature instead of a bug to me.

I was hoping to find time to do it - it shouldn't be too hard to do,
but still takes time.  Not sure when I'll get around to it, so
postponing it may be good.

> * SANDBOX-176 Enable creation of tool-readable ZIP archives with file
> names containing non-ASCII characters
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-176
> I admit I didn't read everything here today :-) Is this solved? The
> discussion has been ended with a commit from Stefan

Pending proper documentation it is, but only if you use ZipFile and
not ZipArchiveInputStream (and thus the Achive*Factory) - the missing
part is SANDBOX-293.

Agreed with the rest

       Stefan