commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LANG][GUMP] Take current Lang changes out of main Gump?
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 05:08:51 GMT
On 2009-03-18, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18/03/2009, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>> Gump doesn't provide the POMs, it uses them of the original
>>  repository.

> Maybe the Gump descriptor syntax could be extended to provide a means
> of specifying replacements to be made in the POM?

> This would tell Gump to edit the POM just before running Maven.

That would be more intrusive than our current approach since Gump
would no longer use the original code base when building - it may also
require more maintenance of Gumo metadata that we currently require.

In the end it may be the only way in situations where new development
of a product splits one artifact into multiple ones.

Stefan