commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r758896 - in /commons/proper/compress/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/zip/ test/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/zip/
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:45:13 GMT
On 2009-03-26, <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> support as much as possible of ZipFile as a stream can do in
> ZipArchiveInputStream, COMPRESS-47

This is Harmony's ZipInputStream combined with compress's parsing of
the local file header - so we do get encoding support in
ZipArchiveInputStream.

I need to clean up the code a little but wanted to commit what I
already have.

Harmony's code would thrown an exception in closeEntry if an entry's
checksum didn't match the specified one - I've skipped that since
ZipFile doesn't verify it either.

Even if we added the checks it would mean the exception was thrown
when you try to read the entry after the broken one.

Stefan