commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-configuration (in module apache-commons) failed
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 06:45:56 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote at Montag, 30. März 2009 12:27:

> I think I see why Gump's mvn repository proxy doesn't work here - it
> currently doesn't work for group-ids that contain dots.
>
> Do you want me to turn off nags until this gets fixed (shouldn't take
> longer than a few days, I hope)?

I don't know Gump well enough, but what you did for vfs seems to be a
solution that has been taken nowhere else. I don't know wether you're
familiar with the M2 relocation mechanism, but that might be useful here.
All that is needed is a POM for commons-vfs:commons-vfs:2.0-SNAPSHOT that
relocates this artifact to org.apache.commons:commons-vfs:2.0-SNAPSHOT.
This should support both groupIds in Gump automatically. Or do I miss
something?

- Jörg

Example for a relocation POM (kxml2 => net.sf.kxml):
http://www.jarvana.com/jarvana/search?search_type=project&project=kxml2