commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <>
Subject Re: [LANG][GUMP] Take current Lang changes out of main Gump?
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:44:14 GMT
Hi Stefan,

Stefan Bodewig wrote at Dienstag, 17. März 2009 16:16:

> On 2009-03-17, Jörg Schaible <> wrote:
>> Stefan Bodewig wrote at Dienstag, 17. März 2009 06:00:
>>> This works great for Ant built projects but doesn't work at all for
>>> Maven built ones since those additional jars would never be used by
>>> Maven unless they are listed in the POM.
>> We can either setup a submodule or build those as attached artifact. In
>> both cases you will be able to address it.
> It is the depending project's POM that would need to know it needs
> more than one artifact for commons-lang.
> I'll be the first one to admit that I don't have any clue what you are
> talking about, but it doesn't sound as if it would address the
> problem.

I always assumed that Gump does not take care about the Maven deps, since it
uses its own descriptors. With this precondition the additional dep can be
added and the affected projects will have to do the same once they upgrade.
However, if I understand Gump correctly, this is what Gump is for - testing
against the latest and greatest ;-)

- Jörg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: