commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of DbUtils 1.2 RC3
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:36:08 GMT
sebb wrote:

> On 15/03/2009, Dan Fabulich <dan@fabulich.com> wrote:
>>  PLEASE TEST THIS RELEASE WITH A REAL DATABASE!
>>
>>  Although this project has reasonable unit tests, it has no integration
>> tests with any actual databases; it is quite possible that the fix for
>> DBUTILS-31 has broken something on Oracle, MS SQL Server, Derby, or your
>> favorite database.
>>
>>  To verify DBUTILS-31, use QueryRunner to put a null value in a field, e.g.
>> with QueryRunner.update.  Ideally it would be good to verify putting nulls
>> in fields of various types: char, varchar, int, boolean, date, etc.
>
> Is there a simple ready-made example I could run?

Not really, partly because I'm not sure I could write one effectively
without access to an Oracle instance (in which case I'd just run the test
myself).

I think you'd need to start by creating the table:

http://www.ss64.com/orasyntax/datatypes.html

   CREATE TABLE dbutilstest (
     varchar2_column varchar2(50),
     nvarchar2_column nvarchar2(50),
     varchar_column varchar(50),
     char_column char(50),
     nchar_column char(50),
     number_column number(9),
     long_column long,
     date_column date,
     timestamp_column timestamp,
     year_interval_column interval year to month,
     day_interval_column interval day to second,
     raw_column raw(50),
     long_raw_column long_raw(50),
     rowid_column rowid,
     urowid_column urowid,
     clob_column clob,
     nclob_column nclob,
     blob_column blob,
     bfile_column bfile,
     xmltype_column xmltype
);

(am I missing any important column types?)

Then you could do something like:

   QueryRunner.update("insert into dbutilstest values(?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,"+

I can try to answer further questions if this isn't enough...

-Dan