commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release of DbUtils 1.2 RC3
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:10:43 GMT

My third attempt at releasing a commons project; please test rigorously!

RC3 includes an API change to QueryRunner to guarantee thread-safety.
(DBUTILS-52)

NOTE: No one has yet explicitly said on-list that they have tested DbUtils
1.2 with a real database.  We should not release it until somebody tries
it out with a real live Oracle database, as described below.

Compatibility warnings:

* API change in QueryRunner: the setDataSource method was removed in order
to fix a thread-safety bug (DBUTILS-52)
* We upgraded the JVM dependency from JDK 1.3 to JDK 1.4 (DBUTILS-31)
* Users who may have extended BeanListHandler.handleRow will find that this
method no longer exists (is no longer called) in DbUtils 1.2 (DBUTILS-37)
* Users who may have extended KeyedHandler will find that its protected members
are now final (to guarantee thread safety). (DBUTILS-51)

PLEASE TEST THIS RELEASE WITH A REAL DATABASE!

Although this project has reasonable unit tests, it has no integration tests
with any actual databases; it is quite possible that the fix for DBUTILS-31 has
broken something on Oracle, MS SQL Server, Derby, or your favorite database.

To verify DBUTILS-31, use QueryRunner to put a null value in a field, e.g. with
QueryRunner.update.  Ideally it would be good to verify putting nulls in fields
of various types: char, varchar, int, boolean, date, etc.

--

Tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbutils/tags/DBUTILS_1_2

Site: