commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release of DbUtils 1.2 RC2
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 05:33:43 GMT

My second attempt at releasing a commons project; please be gentle. :-)

RC2 includes sebb's patches that make numerous instance variables
immutable.

NOTE: No one has yet explicitly said on-list that they have tested DbUtils
1.2 RC1 or RC2 with a real database.  We should not release it until
somebody tries it out with a real live Oracle database, as described
below.

Compatibility warnings:

* We upgraded the JVM dependency from JDK 1.3 to JDK 1.4 (DBUTILS-31)
* Users who may have extended BeanListHandler.handleRow will find that
this method no longer exists (is no longer called) in DbUtils 1.2
(DBUTILS-37)
* Users who may have extended KeyedHandler will find that its protected
members are now final (to guarantee thread safety). (DBUTILS-51)

PLEASE TEST THIS RELEASE WITH A REAL DATABASE!

Although this project has reasonable unit tests, it has no integration
tests with any actual databases; it is quite possible that the fix for
DBUTILS-31 has broken something on Oracle, MS SQL Server, Derby, or your
favorite database.

To verify DBUTILS-31, use QueryRunner to put a null value in a field, e.g.
with QueryRunner.update.  Ideally it would be good to verify putting nulls
in fields of various types: char, varchar, int, boolean, date, etc.

--

Tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbutils/tags/DBUTILS_1_2

Site: