commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of DbUtils 1.2 RC1
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 04:51:14 GMT
sebb wrote:

> I think there are some problems with thread-safety.

Yikes!  I didn't investigate very carefully the thread-safety claims of
these classes (again, not much has changed since 1.1) but I agree with
your assessment, now that I open my eyes and think about it.

In revision 752369 I incorporated the patches you attached to
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-51

> However, the KeyedHandler instance variables are protected, rather
> than private, so making them final would perhaps break some programs.
> I don't think the class can be thread-safe at present.

I don't think there's a lot of risk that users required these values to be
mutable; I would assume that most users just called the super constructor,
so I applied this patch, too.

-Dan