commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release of DbUtils 1.2 RC1
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 09:16:18 GMT

My first attempt at releasing a commons project; please be gentle. :-)

Compatibility warning: This version is mostly a bugfix release, but to fix
DBUTILS-31 we had to upgrade the JVM dependency from JDK 1.3 to JDK 1.4.
Except for that, it is backwards compatible with DbUtils 1.1.

PLEASE TEST THIS RELEASE WITH A REAL DATABASE!

Although this project has reasonable unit tests, it has no integration
tests with any actual databases; it is quite possible that the fix for
DBUTILS-31 has broken something on Oracle, MS SQL Server, Derby, or your
favorite database.

To verify DBUTILS-31, use QueryRunner to put a null value in a field, e.g.
with QueryRunner.update.  Ideally it would be good to verify putting nulls
in fields of various types: char, varchar, int, boolean, date, etc.

--

Tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbutils/tags/DBUTILS_1_2

Site: