commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Dependency on VFS
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:51:13 GMT

On Mar 22, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> I've been holding off on checking in the code I've been working on
>> because it introduces a compile time dependency on VFS, which has not
>> been released yet. However, I realized that Gump won't have any
>> problem with that. As a consequence I'm planning on checking this
>> code
>> in as soon as I get the changes integrated with the experimental
>> branch.
>>
>> I just wanted to give you a heads up before I go ahead and do it.
>
> You did not tell explicitly, but I assume this dep is optional?

The dependency is optional at runtime. I've introduced a "file system"
concept. The default file system supports Files and Http as the
current implementation does. If the VFS file system is specified than
any of the VFS capabilities can be leveraged. In my case I am using
Webdav and storing into Jackrabbit where every save records the user's
name and saves it as a new version.

Ralph