commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] 2.0 release
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:27:08 GMT
Actually, the tests are (correctly) run many times. VFS uses an
interesting mechanism to run the tests once for each provider type. It
took me quite a while to figure out what it was doing. Some providers,
such as webdav, http and ftp have to be run manually. I've put
instructions in the doc on how to do that, but you can only read it if
you build the site.

As for the test jar, yes Sandbox has a dependency on it. It has to be
built and available for the Sandbox build to run. Maven won't do that
with just mvn test.

Ralph

On Mar 17, 2009, at 5:55 AM, sebb wrote:

>> On 17/03/2009, Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Ralph,
>>>
>>> +) I'm unable to run "mvn test" on commons-vfs (see below) SVN trunk
>>> +) you can deploy a SNAPSHOT using "mvn -Pci deploy"
>>

>> Surely you just have to run
>>
>> mvn install
>>
>> to deploy it to your local repo?
>>

> That worked for me.
>
> However, the test takes quite a long time, and produces lots of
> output.
> It looks as though some (most) of the tests are being run twice.
>
> The Surefire settings perhaps need to be tweaked.
> And/or remove any package suites.
>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Siegfried Goeschl
>>>
>>> === START ===