commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [lang] 3.0, what's in; what's out
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:56:35 GMT

I'd like to add a TypeUtils to the reflect subpackage, to provide as much help as possible
for discovering type parameters of generic types.  I recently commented in ClassUtils that
a 3.0, Java5-compatible assignable test should assume autoboxing == true (since one would
think the assignable test would normally be used in preparation for e.g. a reflection-based
method call autoboxing should have been a safe assumption to begin with, but anyway...).

-Matt