commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] Checkstyle configuration
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:06:07 GMT
>> Personally I am not a big fan of checkstyle enforcement at all.
>
> Is that because of the checkstyle tool, or because of the rules that
> have been chosen?

Not because of these rules. It's the approach.

I've seen people wasting too much time on this. Builds breaking
because of wrong coding styles. Terrible!

Everyone has different opinions and so on. Just be respectful when you
modify the code adapt to the style in the class and you should be OK.
If you must rather define rules for eclipse/idea because those will
actually fix the style and not just complain about it. That's a much
healthier approach IMO

...but again - this is just my POV.

cheers
--