commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Dependency on VFS
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 02:42:12 GMT

On Mar 23, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:

> Hey, this really looks interesting! Unfortunately, I am pretty busy
> ATM and will need some time to grasp the concepts.
>
> However, I have now a build problem: Maven complains that it cannot
> find the vfs snapshot jar (see below). Do we need to add the
> snapshot repository to the pom?

Yeah. I'm not crazy about adding the snapshot repo to the pom. It
would only need to be there until the next release. At the moment VFS
hasn't been published to the SNAPSHOT repo. I've been doing a mvn
install of VFS on my local box before working on configuration. But
until VFS has a release I guess the only decent option is to put the
snapshot repo in the pom and publish the VFS snapshot.  BTW - I
haven't tried publishing anything to the snapshot repo before. Should
I expect to have the necessary karma to do that?

Also, I still have to add doc to the user guide. Hopefully, once I do
that it will be a little easier to understand.

Ralph