commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject [compress] Successful use in Apache Tika
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:09:58 GMT
Hi,

I just made a patch (see TIKA-204 [1]) to Apache Tika where I replaced
our custom copies of the Ant classes with a proper dependency to
commons-compress 1.0-SNAPSHOT. Everything works fine and I was even
able to get rid of the extra customization we did for the bzip reader
in Ant not wanting to see the first two bytes of the stream.

So, apart from tweaking the NOTICE file (see my other message), from
my perspective the current compress trunk is ready for release. :-)

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-204

BR,

Jukka Zitting