commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Promoting commons-compress to proper
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 20:39:30 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>  We currently have three developers listed (Sebb, you may want to add
>  yourself) and two pretty active contributors as well as a request
>  for promotion/release by Jukka.  Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Yep. We'll probably start using the component in Tika as soon as a
release is available, and through Tika the code will soon find it's
way to wider use in projects like Solr and Jackrabbit. I wouldn't be
surprised if these uses resulted in at least a few contributions
trickling back to here.

And perhaps Ant (and selected Maven plugins, etc.) would be interested
in using the component too.

BR,

Jukka Zitting