commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Dependency on VFS
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:19:38 GMT
Ralph Goers schrieb:

> On Mar 23, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:
>>>
>> Hey, this really looks interesting! Unfortunately, I am pretty busy
>> ATM and will need some time to grasp the concepts.
>>
>> However, I have now a build problem: Maven complains that it cannot
>> find the vfs snapshot jar (see below). Do we need to add the snapshot
>> repository to the pom?
>>

> Yeah. I'm not crazy about adding the snapshot repo to the pom. It would
> only need to be there until the next release. At the moment VFS hasn't
> been published to the SNAPSHOT repo. I've been doing a mvn install of
> VFS on my local box before working on configuration. But until VFS has a
> release I guess the only decent option is to put the snapshot repo in
> the pom and publish the VFS snapshot.  BTW - I haven't tried publishing
> anything to the snapshot repo before. Should I expect to have the
> necessary karma to do that?
>
> Also, I still have to add doc to the user guide. Hopefully, once I do
> that it will be a little easier to understand.

Well, as a temporary solution we probably have to include the snapshot
repository. Otherwise everybody who tries to build [configuration] from
the sources will get a build error. I haven't published a jar to the
snapshot repository either, so don't know about karma.

I have now installed the vfs snapshot in my local repository. Compiling
works fine, but I get a test failure:

testNewFileReloading(org.apache.commons.configuration.reloading.TestVFSFileMon
itorReloadingStrategy)

The following exception is thrown:
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: URI
"D:\data\projects\OpenSource\commons-configuration\target" is not an
absolute file name.
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.WindowsFileNameParser.extractWindowsRootPrefix(WindowsFileNameParser.java:81)
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.WindowsFileNameParser.extractRootPrefix(WindowsFileNameParser.java:39)
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.LocalFileNameParser.parseUri(LocalFileNameParser.java:78)
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileProvider.parseUri(AbstractFileProvider.java:170)
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveURI(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:802)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.VFSFileSystem.getPath(VFSFileSystem.java:197)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.reloading.VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.init(VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:135)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.setReloadingStrategy(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:765)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.reloading.TestVFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.testNewFileReloading(TestVFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:111)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

I suspect this is a Windows-specific issue.

Oliver