commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Dependency on VFS
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 21:34:03 GMT
Ralph Goers schrieb:

> On Mar 22, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Jörg Schaible wrote:
>
>> Hi Ralph,
>>
>> Ralph Goers wrote:
>>
>>> I've been holding off on checking in the code I've been working on
>>> because it introduces a compile time dependency on VFS, which has not
>>> been released yet. However, I realized that Gump won't have any
>>> problem with that. As a consequence I'm planning on checking this code
>>> in as soon as I get the changes integrated with the experimental branch.
>>>
>>> I just wanted to give you a heads up before I go ahead and do it.
>>
>> You did not tell explicitly, but I assume this dep is optional?
>>
> The dependency is optional at runtime. I've introduced a "file system"
> concept. The default file system supports Files and Http as the current
> implementation does. If the VFS file system is specified than any of the
> VFS capabilities can be leveraged. In my case I am using Webdav and
> storing into Jackrabbit where every save records the user's name and
> saves it as a new version.
>
> Ralph

Hey, this really looks interesting! Unfortunately, I am pretty busy ATM
and will need some time to grasp the concepts.

However, I have now a build problem: Maven complains that it cannot find
the vfs snapshot jar (see below). Do we need to add the snapshot
repository to the pom?

Oliver

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.commons:commons-vfs:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT

   Then, install it using the command:
       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.commons
-DartifactId=common
-vfs -Dversion=2.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the
file there:

       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.commons
-DartifactId=commons-
fs -Dversion=2.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
-Durl=[url] -Dre
ositoryId=[id]

   Path to dependency:
         1) commons-configuration:commons-configuration:jar:1.7-SNAPSHOT
         2) org.apache.commons:commons-vfs:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT