commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [dbcp] Removing Abandoned* deprecations
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2009 20:58:22 GMT
The classes that support abandoned connection cleanup in dbcp have been
deprecated for almost 6 years now.   From the archives [1], it looks
like the decision to deprecate these classes was due to the consensus
among committers at that time that adding support for this in dbcp was a
bad idea and the functionality should be removed from dbcp itself,
possibly (though it is unclear how) to be replaced by a pluggable pool
implementation providing abandoned object cleanup.  Subsequent
discussions (e.g. [2]) and the facts that a) no alternative has been
developed and b) lots of production applications now depend on this
functionality lead me to suggest that we remove the deprecation.

[1] http://commons.markmail.org/message/ccyh6myhevlfrvdq
[2] http://commons.markmail.org/message/uno3pqs5tkzths57