commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LANG][GUMP] Take current Lang changes out of main Gump?
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:35:15 GMT
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2009-03-16, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've not looked into this yet, but I think we can have two Lang builds
>> in Gump, one for the new stuff, and another for other projects.
>
> Easily, yes.
>
> Is there a branch that should be used by project that are likely to be
> broken by the changes in lang?

The 2.4 tag.

Having it fail was useful for me with the String Taglib; the code
needed to move off of deprecated methods.

Personally I think failing is good and we'll learn lots from it. I'd
like to keep trunk until the consumer community indicate it's a pain
point. For example making a lang-backcompat jar for enum and
exceptions might be a better choice and getting projects to add a
dependency on that in gump.

Hen