commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] 3.0, what's in; what's out
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 02:18:01 GMT
Process:

* Mail list if you want feedback to sanity check the idea. If it survives that:
* Open up a JIRA ticket, post the code as a patch, discuss :)

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'd like to add a TypeUtils to the reflect subpackage, to provide as much help as possible
for discovering type parameters of generic types.  I recently commented in ClassUtils that
a 3.0, Java5-compatible assignable test should assume autoboxing == true (since one would
think the assignable test would normally be used in preparation for e.g. a reflection-based
method call autoboxing should have been a safe assumption to begin with, but anyway...).