commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <>
Subject Re: gauging sandbox interest - openmodels
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 19:20:25 GMT
No reason not to give it a try and if it's too large it can move out of Commons. might be of interest to it.

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Matt Benson <> wrote:
> For awhile I've had an itch that it would be nice to have a project whose purpose is
to provide small, realistic domain models for consumption primarily by tests of library-type
code (if the domain models are actually usable/extensible for real work, so much the better).
 It seems to me that particularly at Commons it could be beneficial for tests/examples of
various components to reference common object models, giving potential users a better point
of reference to see how various components might be used with their own models.  Is there
any interest in having such a project in Commons; do we feel this would be too large and not
precisely the mission of Commons; are there other opinions?