commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject gauging sandbox interest - openmodels
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:15:13 GMT

For awhile I've had an itch that it would be nice to have a project whose purpose is to provide
small, realistic domain models for consumption primarily by tests of library-type code (if
the domain models are actually usable/extensible for real work, so much the better).  It seems
to me that particularly at Commons it could be beneficial for tests/examples of various components
to reference common object models, giving potential users a better point of reference to see
how various components might be used with their own models.  Is there any interest in having
such a project in Commons; do we feel this would be too large and not precisely the mission
of Commons; are there other opinions?

Thanks,
Matt