commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promote Compress to Commons Proper
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:55:36 GMT

--- On Fri, 3/13/09, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Promote Compress to Commons Proper
> To: "Commons Developers List" <dev@commons.apache.org>
> Date: Friday, March 13, 2009, 6:40 AM
> +1 from me.
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > +0 (meaning I'm in favour, but as I don't plan to be
> involved in the
> > short term then I won't vote +1; this being one of the
> few votes where
> > I think a +1 = "Yes and I'm going to volunteer
> time").
>
> If only pmc members planning to contribute vote +1 to
> promotions then
> we should probably shut down the sandbox because virtually
> nothing has
> the chance to graduate to proper. Voting +1 has nothing to
> do with
> contributing - same as releases.

Agreeing with Niall here.  FWIW, Stefan has been around Ant since long before I was involved
with it (hell, since before I was a user!) and STILL has more steam left than any of the rest
of us over there.  Now that he's straddling Commons and Ant wrt [compress] I wouldn't expect
him to be going anywhere.  I don't know that I have any cycles or expertise for this component,
but I am certainly interested in its success.  +1 from me.

-Matt