commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Dependency on VFS
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:03:58 GMT
On 29/03/2009, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> I  need to document this. When you run all the tests
> TestWebdavConfigurationBuilder is skipped because it is really a functional
> test - it requires a WebDAV server to be available. To run the test you need
> to add something like
>
>     <profile>
>       <id>webdav</id>
>       <activation>
>         <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
>       </activation>
>       <properties>
>
> <test.webdav.uri>webdav://admin:admin@192.168.10.133:7402/vfstest/test-data</test.webdav.uri>
>
> <test.webdav.base>webdav://admin:admin@192.168.10.133:7402/Configuration/conf/</test.webdav.base>
>       </properties>
>     </profile>
>
>  to your settings.xml. Then run "mvn -P webdav test
> -Dtest=TestWebdavConfigurationBuilder".
> The test.webdav.uri setting is for running Commons VFS tests and
> test.webdav.base is for Commons Configuration.  Commons VFS requires similar
> definitions for FTP and HTTP.

Can one also run the tests by adding

-Dtest.webdav.uri=webdav://admin:admin@192.168.10.133:7402/vfstest/test-data

etc. to the command-line? That's perhaps simpler for one-off tests.

Not sure if it already does so, but if not, can the test phases
display a message if the optional properties are not set? That message
could document how to set them...

>  Ralph
>

>  On Mar 28, 2009, at 1:34 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:
>

> > Oliver Heger schrieb:

> > > Yes, the test is now successful. Thanks for the fix!
> > > Oliver
> > >

> > When doing some further tests I noticed a strange behavior of
> TestWebdavConfigurationBuilder: A mvn test works, but when
> I execute the test class alone, all tests fail with the message "No base url
> provided" in the getBasePath() method. Obviously the system property cannot
> be resolved.
> >
> > Can it be that this test only works if some other test was run before? If
> this is the case, we might get into trouble in some environments where tests
> are executed in a different order.
> >
> > Oliver

> busy

> cannot

It
> would only need to be there until the next release. At the moment VFS hasn't
> been published to the SNAPSHOT repo. I've been doing a mvn install of VFS on
> my local box before working on configuration. But until VFS has a release I
> guess the only decent option is to  put
BTW  -