commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LANG] 3.0 JCIP Annotations
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:58:28 GMT
On 19/03/2009, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
we should consider that a blocker.  Seems like a couple of well-placed warnings in documentation
would take care of that pretty well.  What does the annotation look like in the Javadoc?

It appears as a single line containing the tag at the start of the
class Javadoc. I've not tried with multple annotations, so I don't
know if they have one line each or if they get combined.

> Because if the POM has it marked as optional (we can even include a comment there explaining
further)

good idea, I'll do that.

> then the Javadoc would be the only place left for a user to get the wrong idea.  Adding
our own annotation seems like NIH...

Yes, unless it is a Commons-specific (or ASF) annotation (who knows,
this might be useful one day), we should use exising ones.