commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-exec-1.0 based on RC5
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:52:23 GMT
On 15/03/2009, Siegfried Goeschl <> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>  here is the next release candidate for commons-exec-1.0
>  +) the findbugs configuration file is now part of the source
>  distribution so the site can be rebuild based on the source distribution
>  alone
>  +) using version number "1.0" instead of "1.0.0"
>  +) I failed to create an extended manifest for sources and javadoc jars
>  (not really important and a parent pom issue)

Not a blocker, but they are still not present.

>  Cheers,
>  Siegfried Goeschl
>  ---
>  Tag:

Nothing missing from source archive apart from the DOAP file (which is good).

>  Site:

No Download page.
Java requirements are not mentioned.

These are not blocking on the release, but need to be fixed before
updating the published site.

>  Binaries:

Sigs hashes OK.
N&L files OK.

mvn test works OK in Java 1.4

ant test works OK in Java 1.3.1/Ant160, however the JUnit jar is not
picked up from the local repo. Some changes are needed to build.xml if
the JUnit jar is not already in the Ant classpath.

Not a blocker; I'll commit these to trunk in case there is another
release targetted at Java 1.3.

Also the Ant build file fails to put N & L in the jar file. I suggest
this target is removed from the build file - i.e. the file is only
provided for confirming that the source builds and tests OK under 1.3,
not for creating releases etc. Not a blocker.

I think there may be some thread-safety issues, but as the
documentation does not guarantee thread-safety these can be left for a
possible further release.