commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Dependency on VFS
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 14:34:34 GMT

On Mar 29, 2009, at 5:03 AM, sebb wrote:

> Can one also run the tests by adding
>
> -Dtest.webdav.uri=webdav://admin:admin@192.168.10.133:7402/vfstest/
> test-data
>
> etc. to the command-line? That's perhaps simpler for one-off tests.

No, you have to use the profile. There are a couple of system
properties that get set in addition to the url and additional
dependencies are added. For example, jackrabbit is required for the
WebDAV test to run while it isn't needed for the rest of the tests.

> Not sure if it already does so, but if not, can the test phases
> display a message if the optional properties are not set? That message
> could document how to set them...

If you do mvn test these tests are excluded so you won't see anything.
You will get a message saying the property isn't set if you manually
try to run it. It could refer to the documentation page once I write
that. Again, these are functional tests, not unit tests. They require
setup of a "remote" server to work, so you need more documentation
than just a -D option.

Ralph