commons-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <russel.win...@concertant.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons CLI 1.2 (RC6)
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:51:05 GMT
On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 21:00 -0700, Henri Yandell wrote:
[ . . . ]
> The site is the CLI2 site. Post release I'm going to create a CLI-1
> site and split the two, demoting the CLI2 site to the sandbox. Anyone
> at Apache will then be open to digging in on CLI2 and bringing it to a
> release state.
>
> Lesson being... rewrites are new components. New components start in
> the sandbox.

Does this mean there will be changes to the structure of the Commons CLI
related Subversion repository?

(I ask because I currently use Bazaar and Git as my Subversion clients
and doing a fresh branch/clone of Commons CLI (or any branch thereof)
takes a couple of days because all the Commons are in a single
Subversion repository and that repository has quite a lot of revisions
(>750k).)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP          t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,     f: +44 8700 516 084    voip:  sip:russel.winder@ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK.    m: +44 7770 465 077    xmpp: russel@russel.org.uk