commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] ZIP - encoding of file names - again
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:58:09 GMT
I started to take some baby steps implementing it, in particular

On 2009-02-13, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> Currently I think the best default approach would be to use UTF-8 as
> the default encoding and set the EFS bit since this will create
> archives compatible with java.util.zip but has the additional benefit
> of clearly stating it is using UTF-8.

UTF-8 is now the default for ZipArchiveOutputStream and ZipFile, EFS
support is not yet in.

The InfoZIP extra fields are supported, but one has to write them
manually right now.  They should be read transparently by ZipFile but
don't affect the file name or comment ATM.

Wolfgang, you may notice a few minor tweaks to your original code.  Do
you happen to have stand-alone tests for the Unicode extra fields
anywhere?

I took the liberty to apply the same patches to Ant trunk as well.

Stefan