commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] patch for SANDBOX-183
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 14:21:06 GMT
On 2009-02-15, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have improved the testcases for SANDBOX-183.
> The patch is attached here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-183

Four of the tests fail if I apply the patch:

Failed tests:
  testDeleteDir(org.apache.commons.compress.changes.ChangeSetTestCase)
  testDeletePlusAdd(org.apache.commons.compress.changes.ChangeSetTestCase)
  testAddDeleteAdd(org.apache.commons.compress.changes.ChangeSetTestCase)
  testDeleteAddDelete(org.apache.commons.compress.changes.ChangeSetTestCase)

I've disabled those tests and changed AbstractTestCase to actually log
why it fails.  In each of the four cases there is an enexpected entry
inside the archive:

  testDeleteDir         unexpected entry: bla/test4.xml
  testDeletePlusAdd     unexpected entry: bla/test4.xml
  testAddDeleteAdd      unexpected entry: blub/test.txt
  testDeleteAddDelete   unexpected entry: bla/test.txt

> Here are the changes in the patch:
> ChangeSet: removed System.out.println

Good.

> There is enough work in testcases left, but since this patch has grown
> big, I would like to see it applied before I go on. Hope you like it
>> -)

Like I said, I slightly modified it before committing it.

In a follow-up commit I fixed whitespace.  Please set your editor to
not use any TABs at all.

Stefan