commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [compress] Which Java version to use?
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 05:11:12 GMT
Hi all,

I've just merged two changes made to the Ant zip code base -
commons-compress' great-grand-parent - into the sandbox and intend to
keep doing this as we make changes in Ant.

There is another change in Ant that may lead to a tiny performance
improvement by using JDK 1.4 collections (LinkedHashMap) instead of
Java 1.1 ones.  I'm not sure whether I can savely merge this or
whether commons-compress intends to target JVMs < 1.4.

Is there some sort of official baseline?

Stefan