commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject Re: [dbutils] bugfixing/java5 branches ready for merge
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:00:10 GMT
Liam Coughlin wrote:

> DBUTILS-49        QueryRunner - fillStatement method does not work for
> PostgreSQL database drivers<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-49>
> I'm pretty sure this is addressed with the fill change to use the
> parametermetadata.

Yes, this bug is yet another dupe of DBUTILS-44 and friends.  I think it's
fixed in 742865...  This bug was heavily duplicated, not surprising that I
missed a copy.

> DBUTILS-48     Maintaining a parallel Java 1.5 version of
> DButils<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-49>
> You folks are covering this with the different branch configs post buf fix.

+1, close it.

> DBUTILS-47     Add a StatementFiller to be able to provide a Bean for
> updates, instead of bean
> values.<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-49>
> I'm pretty sure this is outside the scope of dbutils, and would be covered
> by things users of the library add
> to it's extensible framework.
>
> DBUTILS-43     an helper set of classes for JDBC processing with prepared
> statement <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-49>
> This is not trivial -- tackle it now, or tackle it later?

I see DBUTILS-47 and DBUTILS-43 as dupes of DBUTILS-29, fixed in 742870
(and tweaked in later revisions).  They all just want to have some way of
using a bean or Object[] to manage a PreparedStatement, IMO.

> DBUTILS-30     [dbutils] New ResultSetHandler -
> ObjectHandler<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-49>
> I'm pretty sure this is outside the scope of dbutils, and would be covered
> by things users of the library add
> to it's extensible framework.

Indeed, I felt the best way to handle this was to use
BeanUtils.copyProperties.  We should just close this bug out.

> DBUTILS-28     [dbutils] Stored Procedure Runner and Bean Reuse Handler code
> submission <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-49>
> This is sort of a weird double issue that rolls up DBUTILS-43 and
> DBUTILS-30.
>
> I think you probably want to defer any work with stored procedures for a
> little while because there's just more interesting and important things to
> work on.

DBUTILS-28 is a half-dupe of DBUTILS-30, but stored procedures
(CallableStatement) is its own ball of wax not covered by DBUTILS-43
(which covers only PreparedStatements, a supertype of CallableStatement).

Regardless, I don't think we should include Kyle's patch; we should close
out DBUTILS-28, in favor of DBUTILS-50 which I just filed.  DBUTILS-50
should be done someday.

-Dan