commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject [dbutils] Questions about a few of bugs
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:32:34 GMT

I had some questions about a few remaining bugs... maybe somebody here can
help...

1) OptimalBeanListHandler

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-37
This bug provides a patch that considerably improves the performance of
BeanListHandler.

However, Julien correctly points out that:
> With the change I propose, the BeanListHandler#handleRow(ResultSet)
> method is never called anymore. So, any subclass of BeanListHandler
> which would override this method would not work properly anymore.

Julien's patch creates a separate "OptimalBeanListHandler" ... but that
really shouldn't be necessary, right?

We should be able to just replace the existing BLH with this fast one
without worrying about users who may have extended BLH#handleRow, I'd
think... At the very least I think nobody should use the old slow one by
accident.

2) Inflate existing object
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-28

I'm a little skeptical of the patch for this bug.  Is this issue
important?  (It has 0 votes and 0 watchers, so I think not.)

3) CaseInsensitiveMap
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-34

Two distinct users claim to want CIM to return the keys in their ORIGINAL
case (i.e. not lowercased).  Why would anyone need this?  I don't get it.

-Dan