commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <>
Subject Re: [compress] Schedule for a release?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:22:27 GMT

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Stefan Bodewig <> wrote:
> On 2009-02-26, Jukka Zitting <> wrote:
>> I looked at the compress component in the sandbox and it's exactly
>> what we could use in Apache Tika, see [1].
> If you pick up the latest code from Ant instead you'll see they are
> the same 8-)

Actually we're already using the code from Ant in Apache Tika (see
subpackages of [1]) but I'd rather replace those classes with a proper
dependency to somewhere where we can point people if they have
problems parsing specific files. It's much better if such problems are
fixed in a generic library instead of us maintaining the code just in
Tika. Also, a dependency to a small and tightly scoped library like
commons-compress would be much better than a dependency to Ant.

Jukka Zitting

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message