commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Cancellation of commons-exec-1.0.0 (RC4) vote ....
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:36:57 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

IMO avoiding point release is a mistake because you loose a strong
statement regarding backward compatibility

+) commons-exec-1.0.0 is out but contains a stupid bug
+) commons-exec-1.0.1 is ONLY a bugfix release adding absolutely no fatures
+) commons-exec-1.1.0 contains the bugfixes but exposes more feature
(and might accidently break a client)

In short - a point release guarantees no deployment problems which is
not the case for a new minor release.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl